Monday, July 19, 2010

2 Dudes at Chipotle


Went to Chipotle tonight for some grub. Saw two dudes sitting at a table across the way. One of them had a "not of this world" tattoo on his arm. On their way out, I asked about the tattoo and started a simple conversation. My hope was that I could grow one of their legs out.

But neither of them ever had back problems. In fact, physically, they were fine. One of them said that they had an arm that was shorter than the other. I prayed for that for about five seconds, and then quit. I don't even know why I quit now,... I think I was too focused on growing a leg out.

The whole situation got really awkward, then they left.

I realized after that I was just trying to force a healing on someone. I just wanted to grow someone's leg out. I didn't really want to love, encourage, edify, or listen to anybody else. It was really just about me at that point.

Once again, it all comes back to love. I could of just complimented him on his tattoo, and listened. I could have encouraged them, invited them to a gathering or to go out praying with us some time. I could have just loved on them or asked the Lord for a prophetic word.

But, each encounter is a learning experience! That's what lifestyle is all about! I want to be able to give every person I meet a God encounter, even if it's just a simple act of kindness or love.

On another note, be blessed by my buddy Tom:


Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment