Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Healings at the Plaza

Last Sunday, I went up to the Country Club Plaza in KC with JD to sell some bracelets and pray for people. The bracelets were to raise money for Threads of Hope and JD's mission trip with the World Race.

We set up a table and hung a sign on the front. On one side, it said "Bracelets, $2," on the other side it said, "FREE SPIRITUAL CLEANSING."

Almost immediately, one couple saw the spiritual cleansing side and came over to ask about it. We got to pray for the man who dealt with self pity and low self-esteem issues, and he said he felt at peace and comforted. I shared the gospel with them, but they weren't ready for Jesus.

A group of 5-6 ladies approached us to buy bracelets. When they found out it was to support mission work, they started to tell us about all these other missions organizations they were connected to. One lady, Beth, said her foot her. We prayed for her and the pain got crushed by Jesus. Then they all prayed for us and we got totally rocked.

After that, we moved to a different location. On the way over, a homeless guy saw us carrying the sign. He asked about the spiritual cleansing stuff, and said he heard we had been up on the plaza. He wanted prayer for his neck and shoulder. We prayed for his neck, and Jesus took the pain away. His shoulder only had about 10% mobility, the skin was numb, and it hurt terribly when he tried to move it. We spent about 20 minutes praying for his shoulder, and he got about 90% of the mobility back, the pain went away, and his numbness was healed. Thank You Jesus! He's good ALL the time!

After that, we found out he had horrible back pain so we prayed and God grew his leg out. We told him that Jesus loved him and that he needed to turn away from his sins.

When we reached the other spot we were going to set up, a group of kids approached us because they saw my Thursday t-shirt (a band). As we were talking with them, a group of 5-6 other kids walked up because they saw our free spiritual cleansing sign. In all, we had about 8-9 kids around us. They were asking what spiritual cleansing was, and I kind of fumbled through an answer.

I found out that one of them had back pain, so I had him sit down, and sure enough, a leg was short. I had his friends hold the leg, and God grew it out. They were blown away. Laughing at what had just happened, one kid goes, "I want to be taller!" I said, "Okay, sit down."

I commanded his legs to grow in Jesus Name', and one at a time they came out. Now everyone was really going crazy. They were so amazed at the power of Jesus. One of the kids said his ribs hurt. I prayed real fast, and the pain went away. Then another came forward and said he had torn his ACL a while back, but it wasn't completely better yet. I prayed, and much of the cracking and popping in his knee went away (but not all of it). He said it felt really warm. When he stood, he said on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being normal), he was at about a 6 -7 before and was now at a 8.5 or 9. As we stood talking, the warmth continued in his knee. I never got to follow up with him to see if it got 100% better.

After that, one of the other kids asked if I could pray for his alcoholism. I told him that Jesus could set him free from anything. I put my hands on his chest and told him he'd feel something lift off of him. I commanded the addiction to go in Jesus' Name, and asked him what was going on. He said that he felt lighter all of the sudden, and he could breath easier. He felt and peace and comforted. Jesus is so amazing! This is the real deal guys!

After that, 4 - 5 girls came up to us. JD started to prophecy over them. On the first girl, he hit a few words spot-on. The rest of the girls got in a line, "Me next, me next!" they said. JD tore it up, and God touched their hearts.

As JD was prophesying over the girls, another group came up. One of the women of that group said she "heard" we were ministering to people and she was joining her spirit with JD's as he prophesied.

After the girls JD was prophesying too left, we talked to the other group. After a few minutes, one of the girls that left came back, and asked JD if he heard anything else. When she did this, the woman from the other group jumped right in and started sharing the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ. She lead the girl to Jesus right there on the spot. The girl said she felt really relieved. Praise God!

After that, we asked how the woman "heard" we were ministering. She said that she was in her car, and felt the Lord said, "Look at those guys over there. Watch them." After a few minutes, the Lord said to her, "They're ministering."

How baller is that?!

Later, there were a large group of girls we got to pray over,... they were in their first year of college.

Then a group of super-cool guys came by. I prayed for one for anxiety and depression, he said he felt at peace, lighter, and much better. Then I prayed for another guy, named Regg (super cool kid), that he would do well at his soccer tryouts. He said that he prayed that morning, but that he wasn't sure if God heard him. After I prayed, he said he felt something come over his entire body. Like he had goosebumps but he didn't. I asked the Lord to increase it, and when I did, he said all of the feeling went to his ears.

I thought that maybe this was prophetic, in a sense. Through talking with him, I found out that he was a really good listener, and that he understood people well. Then it dawned on me, he said he wasn't sure if God "heard" him. Perhaps Holy Spirit was manifesting on his ears to communicate to him that He always hears? I don't know. Whatever the case, Holy Spirit You're amazing and all the glory belongs to You!

Wow, it was an amazing day. I don't even remember everything that happened. I know that there were some more legs that we saw grow out and some other stuff.

This is the Kingdom of God, guys. Get in the game. We're meant to dish out God-encounters everywhere we go. Don't wait for revival, BE REVIVAL! Jesus Christ loves you. Stop sinning, stop being apathetic and lethargic, stop being disobedient, and start being obedient. Jesus lives inside of you. You're ready, you're equipped! Go smash hell and advance the Kingdom.

Jesus, I pray for all who read this. Put a fire in their hearts, I ask. Let their hearts burn and get hot, even now, and show them that You want to take them so much deeper. Thank You for your love, and Your amazing, amazing fellowship. I give you all the glory. Thank YOU JESUS! Amen.

1 comment: