Sunday, August 1, 2010

Movie Night... and God grew a leg out!

Last night, two friends came over to watch a movie. As we were waiting for Ryan (another friend) to arrive, I began to share testimonies with them of all the people we've seen God heal recently. I talked about legs growing out, pain being healed, etc. They were encouraged.

One was curious about God healing those with mental illnesses as she worked with the mentally ill on a daily basis. This gave me an opportunity to speak about demons, our authority as believers, and the supremacy of Jesus Christ over all. As we were talking, I asked her if she'd be open for prayer. She thanked me, but denied the offer. At first I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to demonstrate God's love and willingness to heal people like I had been talking about.

Just then, however, there was a knock at the door. Ryan showed up! Little did he know I was about to pull a fast one! I opened the door and immediately asked him if he ever had back pain. He was like, "Yeah,why?" I said, "Want to see something cool? Come sit down over here." He sat down and I checked his legs. Sure enough, one was about an inch short. I had my other two friends watch, and I commanded the leg to grow. It came right out, and Ryan was really surprised! His next words were, "My back doesn't hurt anymore!"

"Ain't that cool, man?! Praise God!" I said. Then one of my other friends pointed out that Ryan had knee problems. I asked him about it and he said that he had reconstructive surgery in the past. He wasn't currently in pain, and therefore if I prayed for him he wouldn't know if it got any better. I went for it anyways.

I put my hand on his knee and commanded the pain to never return. I left my hand there for a few seconds, and then I said, "You feel it getting warm in there?" He was like, "A little bit... but it was crazy earlier. When you commanded my legs to grow they felt like they were fire!" I said, "Isn't that awesome! Here, watch this. Lord, please double the heat right now." Then I looked back up at Ryan, "Tell me when you feel it."

A few seconds later he just laughed and shook his head in disbelief. God's so awesome! I asked him if it felt any different than before and he said it did a little bit.

God's amazing! He's so willing to touch people, we just have to step out and allow Him to use us!

No comments:

Post a Comment